Do you suffer with dark and discoloured gums?
Want to do something about it?
Gingival hyperpigmentation is a common aesthetic concern in those patients who have a “gummy smile” or excessive gingival display. This pigmentation often occurs in the gums as a result of an abnormal deposition of melanin, due to which the gums may appear black.
A dental laser is an effective and a safe means to the removal of hyperpigmentation from the gingiva. Studies show that healing is quick and straightforward and no repigmentation occurs.
Laser ablation has been recognised as the most effective, pleasant and reliable technique. It has the advantage of easy handling, short treatment time, haemostasis and a sterilising effect.
Dental Lasers – why?
How will a dental laser be beneficial to you?
Dental lasers have been around for more than twenty years. Lasers have revolutionised multiple industries and dentistry and oral care is no exception.
There are some great benefits to dental laser treatments:
- Dental lasers allow a more relaxed dental treatment
- Dental lasers often mean that no anaesthetic is needed – no nasty needle or injection!
- Dental lasers mean that there is very often a shorter healing time
- Dental lasers mean less bleeding compared with more traditional dental therapies
- Dental lasers remove bacteria
At EGO Dental, our experts are hugely experienced and conduct all laser treatments in accordance with the latest clinical practices and standards.
If you would like to find out more, please feel free to discuss it with our laser experts and they will explain everything to you in detail. Please call us on 020 7222 5902 or fill in a form to book a consultation.
Laser Gingival depigmentation
Gingival hyperpigmentation is a common esthetical concern in patients with gummy smile or excessive gingival display. Laser ablation has been recognized recently as the most effective, pleasant and reliable technique.
It has the advantage of easy handling, short treatment time, hemostasis, decontamination, and sterilization effect.
How is Laser beneficial?
There are a lot of benefits of Laser treatments:
- Laser allows a more relaxed dental treatment whereby no anesthesia needs to be administered and lesser time being consumed during the process
- Laser treatments are cutting edge and precise
- Laser treatment has lesser healing time and can remove bacteria and symptoms more quickly and effectively then traditional treatments
- It can control bleeding during surgery
- Laser causes less loss of blood as compared to other dental therapies
Is Laser safe?
Our dental clinic and practice has professional Dental laser experts who are experienced in their fields and conduct laser treatments in accordance with accepted clinical practices and standards.
However, after surgery, you need to put on special eye glasses to avoid any direct or prolonged exposure to the sun rays.
If you are not comfortable with the process or have any queries, please feel fee to discuss it with our laser experts and they will explain everything in detail until you are satisfied.