Dentist for dental fillings in Victoria & Westminster, London SW1.
At our dental clinic & practice we use tooth-coloured, mercury-free alternatives. Tooth-coloured fillings are made from a composite resin material that can be coloured to match your tooth. Hence, it gives no impression that tooth has been treated in anyway.
What are Dental Fillings?
Dental fillings are used to cure and treat damaged or decayed teeth, usually in cases of cavities. It is a very common procedure and can be completed in just one sitting.
Who needs a dental filling?
Dental fillings commonly are placed in teeth that have experienced decay or fracture. Following removal of the decay, the filling is placed to restore the tooth to its natural form and function.
Types of Dental Fillings we offer
Composite or Tooth Coloured – Recommended
A composite tooth filling is typically made of powdered glass and acrylic resin. Filling can be coloured to match person’s existing teeth, making it much less visible.
Process of Dental Filling
- 1- Local Anaesthetic will be applied to numb the area.
- 2- Decayed portion will be removed from the damaged tooth.
- 3- Once the teeth has been cleaned and prepared, the dentist will fill it with the filling, shaping it like the tooth structure missing so it looks as natural as possible.
- 4- You may be asked to bite down to check if the new filling has set in properly or not.
- 5- The shape will be adjusted until the filling is comfortable for you.
Post Treatment Advise
Once through with your surgery, our dentist will guide you how to care for your tooth. Generally you have to avoid very hot and very cold beverages or chewing hard food for a certain period of time. Once completely healed, you can go back to normal routine but remember fillings are artificial and need proper maintenance and care.
Filling for Children
Baby teeth are more soft and sensitive as well as porous, which brings them more at risk of decay and cavities. The process is same for kids, as for the adults but children should stop eating 2 hours prior to the procedure.