Icon – Caries Infiltrant smooth surface
- Gentle method for counteracting cariogenic white spots – with an esthetic side effect
- No unnecessary loss of healthy hard tissue
- User-friendly and patient-friendly application process in only one sitting
Treat earlier – preserve longer
- Esthetic results on smooth surfaces
- Caries arrest at an early stage
- Preservation of healthy tooth structure
- Pain-free method, without anesthesia, or drilling
Challenges in the practice
Initial caries lead to changes in shade on smooth surfaces: white spots
Until now, there has never really been a satisfactory solution for treating these white spots, which often occur after removing dental braces.
Areas between teeth are at risk but difficult to access
Proximal areas are not only a problem when brushing. Caries can form here quite easily, which are diffi cult not only to detect, but also for the dentist to reach physically.
Invasive treatment leads to a large loss of healthy tooth structure.
Particularly in cases of proximal caries, there is an unfavorable ratio of healthy tooth to caries that must be removed.
Can this problem be solved? It can. You can.
Icon: The answer
Caries infiltration with Icon fills the gap between prophylaxis and filling. In addition, this treatment optically blends in the lesion with the healthy enamel. This innovative method can therefore be used for esthetic treatments of front teeth, where appearance plays an important role.
Incipient caries before treatment
Cariogenic acids attack the enamel and draw out minerals. The tooth becomes porous.
By sealing the pore system, acids can no longer penetrate into the lesion, thus stopping the progression of the caries at an early stage.
BOOK your FREE consultation with one of our dentists.
The ICON treatment starts from £345