Dentist at Dental Clinic and practice offering Invisalign treatment at a great price. Our dental clinic is in Victoria & Westminster, London SW1.
Platinum Invisalign Provider 2018
Ego Dental Clinic is proud to be recognised as a Platinum Invisalign Provider 2018. Ego Dental Clinic have a reputation as one of the leading Orthodontist clinics in Central London, with many years of experience in the UAE, and being awarded Best Private Clinic in Central London for 2018. We work with both adults and children using the most advanced techniques (metal, transparent, lingual braces, clear aligners (Invisalign), interceptive orthodontic treatment with myofunctional trainers and orthodontic appliances.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a new method to straighten the teeth using custom made aligners that are fitted in the teeth. They are called Invisalign because they are made of soft, comfortable, smooth and transparent plastic. Wearing these aligners will gradually shift your teeth in place. A new aligner is made very 2-3 weeks with a visit to the clinic to check on the progress.
When is Invisalign helpful?
- Overcrowding– lack of space causes teeth to overlap
- Gapped Teeth– gaps and spaces between teeth
- Overbite– when the top teeth bite over lower teeth
- Under bite– when the bottom teeth bite over the upper teeth
- Cross bite– when the upper and lower jaws do not line up properly
- Open bite– when opposing teeth cannot make contact with each other
How is Invisalign done?
- 1- On your first visit to our dental clinic and practice, our dentist will take impressions of your teeth, conduct a thorough exam of your teeth and gums, take pictures and prepare a file in order to record progress in the future.
- 2- Custom aligners are made of BPA free plastic based on the impressions and adjusted and fitted on your teeth, after a few days when you return to the clinic. It is recommended to wear them minimum 20-22 hours a day for best results. They can be taken off for brushing and flossing teeth.
- 3- Length of treatment varies patient to patient and on various factors like the amount of alignment needed or the progress of the treatment. The patient typically returns to the clinic every 2- 6 weeks for a new pair of aligners, unless completely treated. Our dentists check the progress during each visit and record them in the file.
- 4- Once the treatment is complete you’re free of aligners and good to go!